There are 125 pages
It's full of history, pictures & stories not available on this web site.
Published at the turn of the Millennium to celebrate the history of East Chinnock in the words & pictures of residents past & present.
Additions to the 2nd edition
A New Chapter: "Extracts from The Book of the Overseers of the Poor Law" recently transcribed by Keith Lewis
Plus new Photos of:
- St. Mary's coffin stools
- the School and Masters House
- The Portman Arms in 1927
- East Chinnock Rectory
Plus a few more.........
- The Church and Parish - J L Fairhurst
- The Feoffees - P Warr
- Schools and Schooling (full version with photos) - M Merchant
- Extracts from The Book of the Overseers of the Poor Law - Keith Lewis
- Emigration in the 1840's - G Barlett
- Some Observations on Bird Life from 1953-1998 - J J Bray
- Glimpses of Village Life - E Templeman